Saturday, August 3, 2013

My First Boot Sale!

One of the many things I love about travelling is experiencing something for the first time. I remember seeing my first castle in the hills of southern France. I squealed so loudly Joe almost drove off the road!

I remember seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in Brittany. Sun-bathers on the beach thought we were a couple of weirdos for taking a photo of our feet in the water.

I saw my first hedgehog last week IN THE WILD a few doors down from where we are staying in Taunton.

But I had never been to a 'boot sale'. That is until yesterday.


Hundreds of cars were parked in an orderly fashion up and down the field of a local school. The items for sale were either placed neatly on a table or jumbled in a heap on the ground. There was more of the latter going on than anything else. I loved it.


I bought a few treasures but mostly browsed.

There's another boot sale on Sunday morning at the racetrack. I can hardly wait.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A boot sale AND Sunday lunch at the Swan Inn! Both on the same day. I am such a lucky girl.

      Delete