Sunday, July 7, 2013

Thirteen Random Photos

My week in 13 photos:

I was totally SPOILED ROTTEN by the parents of this year's kindergarten class.  My year end gifts were nothing short of amazing.  (I'll be posting about one of the gifts on Wednesday, so stay tuned.)  

On the very last day of school, I received an unexpected gift.  I was humbled and overwhelmed by the generosity of the giver.


At 6:00pm, my door bell rang.  I answered the door and who was standing there?  None other than Teresa, a girl I had taught at Squamish Elementary seven years ago.  She is now 13 years old and heading off to high school.  I taught her when she was a wee thing in Grade One. 


She gave me some chocolates, but what really touched me was her card.  And that she got her father to drive across town to my house so she could deliver the gift in person.


My mom came up for an overnight visit last weekend.  We ate delicious burgers from the 'Locavore' food truck located at 'On The Farm' nursery.


I took my mom for a drive to Mile 21 of the Squamish Valley.  The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful along that road.  Look at that glacier!


Our cat, Daisy, has a weird obsession with our bathtub.  Many a houseguest has been frightened while sitting on the toilet by a black cat jumping out from behind the shower curtain.


Why does a cat, who has access to a bowl of fresh drinking water, insist on walking with muddy paws all over the bathtub to lap up the water droplets after we shower?


I don't have many roses left in my garden, but the ones I do have sure look lovely this year.


Fifteen years ago my sister Chrissy gave me this gorgeous daylily 'William B. Davis' for my 40th birthday.  


I am planting more honeysuckle in my garden this fall.  I cannot get enough of the fragrance that wafts from this flowering vine.


I tidied up our woodshed and found 4 axes with broken handles.  Nothing left to do but burn them.  "One Match Nanc" strikes again.


Drinks on the deck anyone?  Don't mind if I do.


I got together with a group of my wonderful teaching colleagues to celebrate a birthday.


Goodness Jar Update:  I am halfway through this project and the jar is getting full.  It is stuffed with 181 notes of the good things that have happened in my life since January 1st.

(We leave for England on Thursday.  Gettin' kinda excited to spend the summer in the UK.)


No comments:

Post a Comment