Monday, July 19, 2010

Puy L'Eveque







The nearest village to us is 4 kilometres away down a winding road. It is called Puy L'Eveque. It's a medieval town full of ancient buildings and cobblestone roads. The population must only be about 500 people, yet the creativity in that town astounds me.

On our second day here, Joe and I walked about Puy L'Eveque's narrow streets. In between many of the buildings, different things were strung: shoes, umbrellas, words. Masks and costumes abound in every nook and cranny.

There was always another happy surprise around ever corner we turned.

I smiled a lot on that walk.


3 comments:

  1. Quebec City must have taken a page from their book. I LOVE when communities show their funky creativity! Such fun!
    That bottom picture is amazing. How about sending it to me so I can enter it in the Fall Fair on Mayne Island in the travel category. It has mine beat all to heck! (but I am entering it anyway):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to buy real estate there.

    ReplyDelete