Sunday, July 4, 2010

First Night in Barcelona


We ate a great meal last night. Lots of tapas, cava, and paella.

We took a taxi down to the port of Barcelona last night. It was a beautiful evening. Back home, summer hasn't even arrived yet. Here it is in full swing! Palm trees, warm breezes, with half a moon in the sky. Pinch me.


This photo was taken of the Sagrada Familia from the balcony of our apartment at night.

Okay, I can't stand how beautiful this church is and all I can do is stare at it from our balcony window. I promise you I'll post other photos as well from our time in Spain. Promise.




4 comments:

  1. Wow what an incredible view from your balcony!
    Seems like you have settled in nicely to your new
    home and the adventure for you is in full swing!
    Enjoy every second.
    Shuna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mon Dieu!!!! I don't know the Spanish equivalent. The view is fab, but it is the paella that floats my boat.
    I am not sure if reading your blog is that good for me, I am insanely jealous ;-)
    There is some good news, it is supposed to be 30 degrees here by mid week, maybe we will get summer.
    Thanks fro posting, I know it takes time away from your family, but those of us at home really appreciate it.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy I am soooo happy for you all! What an adventure after a long hard year of working. Your pictures and commentary are bringing me right there with you, thank you for that! Have a wonderful time and thanks for sharing.
    Love to you all,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nanc what a view!!! I have seen many pics of the Sagrada Familia....you are one lucky lady to have that out your balcony window :) Looking forward to reading more of your posts...I already have your site bookmarked!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete