Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Normandy

Sunbathers in the Tuilleries Garden of the Louvre.


We've rented a car and will be leaving for Normandy in the next few hours. We'll be gone for 4 days and I'm so excited! The heat is supposed to hit Paris today, so I'm grateful we'll be on the ocean.

Claude Monet's garden at Giverny is on the way out of town, so maybe we'll be able to stop there for a bit this afternoon on our way to the north coast.

I'll be bringing my (Will's) laptop with me, so I hope there is a WiFi connection somewhere. If not, I'll write all about Normandy when we get back to Paris on Saturday.

Here's a PS to yesterday's post:

While we were on our tour with Richard Nahem, he asked us where we were from. When we told him, he remarked that we were living near the 2010 Winter Olympic sites. He then mentioned that he was lucky enough to go to the 2006 games in Turin, Italy. And loved it. Joe, ever the consummate host, said, "Then you must come to the 2010 Winter Games and stay with us!" I thought Richard would just smile and say something non-committal. I mean really, who is going to accept an invitation to stay with complete strangers?

Last night we got an e-mail from Richard saying he was supposed to visit his mother in Florida in February, but he was seriously considering taking us up on his offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he does.

2 comments:

  1. If your house is full, ours is not, he can stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping my fingers crossed for an internet connection on the shore!

    How exciting to possibly host Richard and have him see our beautiful country - since he shared his adopted country with you. I will keep my fingers crossed too!

    ReplyDelete