Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Heart Paris #1


There are many reasons to love Paris. There are the obvious ones....the art, the food, the architecture, the history and the fashion. But there are smaller reasons as well to love it. And make no mistake. I love it!

Here is the beginning of my list of why I love Paris:
  • The pharmacists can dispense medical advice and medications. When we first arrived, Joe realized he had not brought enough of his diabetes meds. He brought the package into a pharmacy and within minutes was out the door....medicine in hand. Beautiful!
  • All the parks and gardens have free WiFi for laptop computers.
  • People kiss their friends when they meet them. I especially find it moving when I see men kissing each other on both cheeks. Bisous!
  • Men in Armani suits on motorcycles weaving in and out of the traffic.
  • Bottles of rose wine that cost 2 euros and actually taste good.
  • Men's dress shoes that cost 1,000 euros and you see many men wearing them.

2 comments:

  1. What's not to love? I hope to experience this for myself one day. Excellent, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided that I will see Paris - and other parts of Europe - by the time I am 60! That gives Gerry 4 years to come to his senses... and if he still has no desire, I will find a travel companion and just GO!
    I am practically drooling with each post!
    I WILL see Paris - YES I WILL!!!

    ReplyDelete