Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We Are Here!




Hello everyone! We are here in Paris! YAHOO!!!!!

We left Vancouver at midnight on July 26th. We were seated in the middle of the plane near the emergency exits which gave us lots of leg room and the chance to be out of the aircraft first in case of a disaster. That is ALWAYS a good thing. They even gave us mini- bottles of champagne to drink! Yay!

We tried to sleep for most of the flight. Joe can sleep most anywhere...but me? I find it a bit harder. I mean who can sleep while sitting straight up in a chair? And even though I had lots of legroom, my legs and ankles were suffering from either deep vein thrombosis or severe lactic acid build-up. You've heard of Oprah's 'Ugly Cry'? Well let me be the first to discuss the 'Ugly Sleeper'. That was me. Every time I woke up, my mouth was hanging WIDE OPEN and was as dry as dust! If our seats had been tucked away somewhere in a corner, I wouldn't have been so concerned. But we were sitting front and centre in a very public space! I wanted a ribbon to tie under my chin because I knew the second I fell asleep it would happen again. And don't worry....it did.

We are staying at the Hotel de Londres Eiffel for a couple of nights until our apartment is ready. It is cute and quaint and small. Just how I like it. Immediately after checking in last night, we headed out to Cafe du Marche on Rue Cler for dinner. I love the sights and sounds of the busy restaurants full of diners.

We've now had a great night's sleep and are now about to head out to see what the day will bring.

4 comments:

  1. Happy 51st Birthday!

    You look like someone in those red glasses...can't put my finger on who....
    I mailed something to your apartment yesterday; hope you get it ok.

    Have Fun! Why don't you take this opportunity to invent a traveller's chin strap to keep the mouth cavity private during a flight? YOU'D MAKE A FORTUNE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I have had that same meal (chicken) at the same restaurant on Rue Cler - or as Dan likes to call it Rue Rick Steeves. Thinking of you more than is normal!!
    Love Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary -- Great idea re: the 'traveller's chinstrap'! I really should patent the idea.

    Colleen -- Rue Rick Steeves indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Nancy! Your hotel looks beautiful. I want you to know that I have put your blog in my "bookmarks bar" for easy access on my computer and have been checking like mad!!

    ReplyDelete