Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Birthday Dinner


Lest anyone think that my birthday dinner was ruined because of rampant kidney compression due to uber-constricting underwear...they'd be wrong. I had a LOVELY birthday supper. Squamish friends had recommended 'Le Comptoir du Relais'; a gastro bistro in the 6th arrondissment. The food was incredible. Joe said he ate the best foie gras of his life.

Halfway through our meal, we were deciding whether or not to order more food. I looked up and saw lots of people standing on the sidewalk waiting for a table. I thought maybe we should clear out to give others a turn. I mentioned this to the waiter and he said, "Let them wait. You came to France to eat." Amen to that, mon frere! Burn the Spanx and passez-moi le beurre!

4 comments:

  1. I am proud of your blogging nanc!!!! I am also enjoying all your stories..especially the SPANX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that, do you know how much I wish I was there? Is that the Feist's restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad this little misadventure didn't dampen your spirits for a wonderful birthday dinner! And knowing you, (well quite frankly I think it's genetic and not simply a YOU thing) this won't be the last little adventure. And besides, if everything went smoothly, where would the stories come from? So, here... I'm passing the beurre!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ""Let them wait. You came to France to eat."" HA! That is an amazing quote.

    I'm so jealous of your trip and it sounds like you're having a great time! You should update your blog once an hour!

    ReplyDelete