Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What I Learned This Christmas

Many lessons were to be had this Christmas season.

I learned that...

...I suck at crafts.  I strong-armed Paige into making evergreen swags with me and she ended up doing all the work while I tied a ribbon around my head and drank wine.

...December 23rd is Tibbs Eve.  (Thanks, Courtney!) 
According to the Urban Dictionary: 
"December 23rd. In Newfoundland tradition, it's the day you get drunk and celebrate Christmas with all of your friends, before having to spend all of your time with your family. 
A sacred practice, you don't miss Tibb's Eve lightly."

...my former Grade One student Sarah Jennings (now 16 years old) will have her hand-made flower arrangement delivered to me no matter what.

...Christmas morning is always fun, no matter how old the 'kids' get.

...I love a walk in the woods on Christmas afternoon.

...a tree chopped down by your own hand makes the best Christmas tree.

...I love it when my daughter cooks me dinner.

...my husband can rock a nightshirt.  Not many men can.

...it's nice to have friends drop by on Christmas afternoon for a wee drop o' egg nog.

...turkey dinners are one of many favourite meals.

...Miranda Hart is one hell of a funny lady.

...watching BBC Christmas specials is my favourite after dinner activity.

...my husband is a very blessed man to have his grandmother as a big part of his life.


...I love it when my cousins come up for a visit.

...there ain't nuthin' my husband can't cook.

...my mom getting out of the hospital after a successful operation was the BEST Christmas gift of all.

...family is the most important thing.  But I already knew that.





No comments:

Post a Comment