Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodness Jar Project

One year ago today I embarked on a project I had seen on Pinterest.  It intrigued me.  The premise was to write down the things you were grateful for, or made you happy, and pop the slip of paper into a jar on a daily basis.

January 1, 2013

I liked the challenge of doing this every single day.

January 16, 2013

But I am not a very disciplined person.  I questioned whether I could keep the project going for an entire year.

April 3, 2013

Well, whaddya know?  I could keep it going.  And I did.  I never missed a day.  Not one.

July 5, 2013

Being involved in this project forced me to stop and reflect at the end of every day.  I asked myself, "What was good today?  What made me smile?  What was I grateful for?"  Some days I had to think really long and hard to find it.

December 8, 2013

Even when I had a bad day, there was always something good that had happened.  All I had to do was look for it. 

December 31, 2013

The project is now over.  This morning I tipped the jar over and pulled out all 365 slips of paper.  I spent many hours today picking up random notes and reading them.

January 1, 2014

Not surprisingly, a lot of good things happened in 2013.  Some big things.  Mostly small things.  I was astounded to realize just how many amazing things happened to me in one year.

I plan to put these slips of paper into a scrapbook.

Now I'm looking for another project to chronicle 2014.  I'm considering the 'Do Something New For 30 Days' challenge.  I wonder if I could find 12 new things to keep the project going every month for the whole year?  I'm game to try.

Happy New Year everyone!  May you all be happy and healthy in 2014.


1 comment: