Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Girl

I am a happy girl.  This morning when I left for school my house was buzzing with the sounds of construction.  Saws and grinders were joyful noises to my ears.

My nervous breakdown over drywall dust is but a distant memory.

Marcel and Derek were here at 8:00am to install more newel posts on our stairway.

Cheese and crackers, could these newel posts be any bigger?  One could tether one's horse to them!

Hard at work.

Most of the posts installed.

Arnold and his son arrived at 8:10am and began work on our fireplace.  Arnold is a master at what he does.  

Hard at work.

Replacing the stone on the bottom of the fireplace.

The painters arrived after Arnold.  We figured if you are going to have most of your house painted, then you might as well hire the professionals to paint the bathroom.

Painting the ceiling of the TV room.

The bathroom gets a few holes filled.

And the closet doors got delivered!  They've been installed and the trim has gone up.  Just need door handles and paint.

Hallway closets with doors and trim.

And that my friends is what makes this girl happy on a Friday night.  Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment