Sunday, January 29, 2012

Drywall Dust Is Not My Friend

I am beginning to have a hate/hate relationship with drywall dust.

When I walked into my house on Thursday night my heart immediately sank and my blood pressure instantly went through the roof.  The reason?  I had swept and damp mopped the entire top floor that very morning and 9 hours later it was totally covered in another fine layer of grey dust.  Again.  And not only the floor was covered.  There was dust on counter tops, tables, appliances, dishes, books, window sills.  You name it, it was covered.

Drywall dust trying to hide under furniture.

Like the dry waller said to me yesterday, "You'll be sweeping this stuff up for months."  Oh, goody.

And can someone please remind me why we spent $140.00 to have our couch and chair professionally cleaned in the middle of the renovation?  Why did we not wait until the end to have that done?

I must admit that after 10 weeks of living in a construction zone, my enthusiasm for this project is beginning to wane just a wee bit.  I would love to snap my fingers and have it all done.  DONE, I SAY!  I would like nothing more than to wake up tomorrow morning and find doors on my hallway closets, drapes and blinds on my windows, a fire in my fireplace, books in my bookshelf, railings on my stairs, tile on the landings, carpet on the TV room floor, and no dust anywhere.  Please, no more dust.

Junk in the trunk.

Ray and his brother have now finished painting the top floor.  And it looks beautiful.  They are such precision painters.  Joe has publicly admitted that having professionals do that job was the right thing to do.  (Having the house painted by professionals was my idea.  Just sayin'.)  The boys are now tackling the TV room downstairs and it is starting to look great.

This is why you hire professionals.  Remember my motto:  DON'T DO IT YOURSELF!
(Gawd, I can hardly wait until that hideously ugly light is replaced by our gorgeous fixture from Murano, Italy.)

The downstairs work area.

I will leave you with these three little words.  I HATE DUST.  That is all I have to say for now.

Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment