Monday, February 20, 2012

First Car

Our daughter Paige bought her first car last week.  A little blue Hyundai.  She is thrilled.  And we are thrilled for her.  Watching her drive off on Sunday morning made me think about my first car.

Paige and her new wheels.

I bought my first car for $200.00 in 1977 from my boyfriend's sister.  A cherry red 1966 Valiant.  Gawd, I loved that car.  'Val' took my friends and I everywhere.  I think I even slept across the bench seat once.  Or twice. 

My beloved first car.

I have never loved a car like I loved Val.  In fact, I've never loved a car since Val.  Man, I wish I had still had her.

What was your first car?


1 comment:

  1. My first car was a baby blue 68 Chevy Malibu. Betty Lou the Malibu. I saved for 4 years for her, slaving away at McDonalds in Kits and babysitting. I drove her til she was rusting away - then someone bought her with the promise of restoration. Loved her...

    ReplyDelete