Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Message From The Universe

"Hello, Nancy?  The universe here."

I love it when the universe sends me a message.

Several months ago, my friend Donna asked if I'd accompany her to Paris this coming summer.  She wanted me to show her the sights of the city I love so well.  To celebrate her 50th birthday.  In style.  Of course I said yes.  I am always excited to share my passions with others.  My dream of becoming a tour guide was coming true!

We immediately booked our plane tickets for July, made arrangements to rent an apartment on the Left Bank, and each of us went on with our busy lives.

A few weeks ago, the Sea-to-Sky Teachers Association held its annual Professional Development Day.  I had arrived early, so went to peruse a table of free books while I waited for my colleagues to come through the door.  I saw a book called 'Path Without Destination' by Satish Kumar and thought, "I think Donna would like to read this."  I picked the book up and carried it with me to the high school multi-purpose room where my teacher friends were sitting.


As I was waiting for the keynote speaker to begin, I thumbed through the book and found something wedged within its pages.  A metro pass.  For Paris.  Complete with a metro map.


"Well, whaddaya know,"  I thought to myself.  "The universe is sending me a message."

I love it when stuff like that happens.


We are going to have such a great time in Paris.

Thanks Universe.  It was great to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment