Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kitchen Magic

This whole kitchen renovation is like magic to me.  Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

Every day I leave for school at 8 o'clock in the morning and when I come home nine hours later Marcel and his crew have made magic in my house.  Serious magic.  Beautiful magic.

Here comes Joe's stove from Italy.  All 400 pounds of it.

Moving the stove through the kitchen to be stored in the living room.

Putting the kitchen cabinets together.

The new refrigerator and stove sitting in the living room.  Notice the hideously stained wall-to-wall carpet has been removed (THANK GOD) and the floor is bare plywood.

More cabinets are installed.

Lunch Break!

The work room.

The new window is in!  All 12 feet of it!

The kitchen facing south.  The range and hood fan are in place.

The kitchen facing north.

Joe's new girlfriend: his Italian Bertazzoni gas range with 6 burners, a flat top grill, and 2 ovens.

It looks like I now have stiff competition for Joe's affection.

The 'Lord of the Manor' surveying his lands.

Joe has taken on the lion's share in planning this renovation.  I never realized how much went on 'behind the scenes' in a project like this.  Like I said I thought it all happened by magic. 

We have chosen the cabinets, the appliances, the counters, the flooring, the back splash tiles, the lighting, the sink, the faucets, the hardware, and the window.  We arranged for their delivery.  We designed where the cabinets were to go in the kitchen (not easy let me tell you).  We have asked friends for their invaluable advice regarding this renovation.

But it has been Joe who has done all the research, who has made the countless calls to vendors, who has picked up supplies from Vancouver and beyond, who is in touch with our banker, who is paying the bills, who has been getting samples from showrooms.  It is a lot of work.

All I have to do is wash the dishes in the bathroom sink.  

I got off easy.


3 comments:

  1. One word, no...two.......SOOOOOO EXCITING!!!

    jo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving following this Reno! It looks Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two words.... Holy Dinah! shu

    ReplyDelete