Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Before and After

I love 'before and after' photos.  Nuthin' I love better than a good makeover.  I enjoy seeing makeovers on TV and in magazines.  I don't care what's being made over.  People, homes, gardens.  I like it all.

I took numerous photographs of when our old deck was being torn down and when it was being rebuilt.  (See blog post of June 19, 2011.)

And now that we have new deck furniture, I have photos of that too.

But before we get to that photo, let's revisit my old deck.  Replete with rusting milk cans, flowers spilling over their quirky containers, resin chairs, a fountain, and old wood railings and floor planks.


At the end of its life, our old deck needed to be put out of its misery.  The wooden structure was rotting off its foundations and it was unsafe.  But while it was full of life, I loved our old deck.  The hippie in me still sighs when I see the above photo.  It was fun squishing into the small space surrounded by plants and flowers.


But now we have lots of room to fit a big patio table, a loveseat, two swivel chairs and a coffee table.  I love to sit out here in the morning with my coffee, in the afternoon with my book, in the early evening with a drink, and at the table with our dinner.

Maybe I'll let my old hippie out next year and place a few pots of flowers here and there for old time's sake.
 

3 comments:

  1. Ok.... the before picture of me is .....ACK!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not! You are too critical of yourself. You look great....tanned and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete