Thursday, March 1, 2018

Pushkar And Camels


The city of Pushkar was the final stop on our Intrepid Travels tour.  We wandered the market in the afternoon and went for a camel ride out into the desert during the evening.

A stop at a tea stall is the first thing we do when arriving in any Indian city.

Feeding the holy cows.

We feel like celebrities here in India!  We have been stopped by countless locals wanting a photo with the foreigners.  We are only happy to oblige.

"Anybody home?"

Receiving a blessing from a Hindu priest at the entrance of a temple.

In the evening we went for a camel ride out into the Pushkar Desert.  My honourable steed "Raju'.

Raju's handler Nareet.  He was so kind and patient, even catching me when I almost fell out of the saddle trying to dismount.

Ride 'em cowboy!  (Photo credit: Malcolm Beard.)

Just call me the 'Camel Whisperer'.  Check out Joe's dismount in the background.  Let me tell you, it is not easy.  
(Photo credit: Lisa Beard.)

After the camel ride, Joe and I danced.

Thali, my newest favourite way to eat Indian food.  And the best part?  Unlimited re-fills on everything!

The Intrepid Travels tour group met for one final dinner together.  We ate a family's house for some delicious home-cooking.

We then took a train back to Delhi to sleep.

Bright and early the following morning, our friend-guide-driver Subhash Chand picked Joe and I up and whisked us away to Amritsar to see the Golden Temple.

We will be with Subhash until we fly to Bangkok on March 8th.  I cannot wait to see what he has in store for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment