Monday, November 7, 2016

Sweet Baby J

Josephine snuggled in on Grandma's chest.

Our beautiful granddaughter Josephine was born 11 days go.  

I have just returned from a whirlwind weekend visit with the new family in Toronto.

Josephine stole my heart before she was even born.  But now that I've held her tiny body and nuzzled her sweet smelling head, my heart is bursting with love for this little one.

Molly and Jordan are incredible parents.  They are sleep deprived yet still smiling.  They are smitten by this 7 pound bundle of pure joy.

This is the sight that greeted me when I arrived at the Toronto airport.  I immediately burst into tears.

Such doting parents.

Someone's happy.  Someone else is not so happy.

So sleepy.

The newly minted family.

Grandma and Baby 

Perfection.

On Saturday night we went out for dinner to celebrate Molly's 29th birthday.

 Three generations.

 Sweet dreams baby girl.

 Auntie Robin.

 Such a sweepy widdow baby.

 It's not every day that your parents' best friends serenade you complete with ukulele music!

 I couldn't stop taking photos of her!

I was so sad to leave her.  I cried all the way to the airport.

As you can guess, it was a very emotional good-bye.  I am still teary as I write this.  Thank goodness our family is flying to Toronto at the end of November for everyone to meet Baby J.  It will be wonderful to be together as the holiday season begins.

Josephine, welcome to the family.  Grandpa Joe, Auntie Paige, Uncle Will and I can't wait to spoil you rotten.

See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment