Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Life As A Couch Potato

Daisy keeps me company on the couch while watching TV.

After spending a very cold and wet morning helping Joe prune some of the trees in our backyard (which was a waste of our time because the trees don't look any different than they did before, except now they are probably worse), I ran for the comfort of the family room couch and decided to spend the rest of the day indoors.

I enlisted the help of: Daisy, a Hudson Bay point blanket, my most recent lover whose initials are PVR, and Joe's new electronic gadget Apple TV.

I don't think I've ever spent as much time in front of the 'boob tube' as I did yesterday!  I laid down around 2pm and didn't get up until 9:30pm!  Joe delivered dinner to me (Reuben sandwiches made with his homemade sauerkraut along with a glass of red wine) at 7 o'clock.  And now that I think of it, I don't even think I got off the couch to go to the bathroom!  Such laziness!

Here is a complete list of my television viewing:

  • 1 movie ('Never Let Me Go')
  • 2 episodes of 'What Not To Wear'
  • 2 documentaries ('Good Hair' and 'The Weird and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia')
  • 1 episode of 'An Idiot Abroad'
  • 2 episodes of 'Glee'
How I love my lazy days.......

3 comments:

  1. Love it. We weren't far behind you. I kept thinking I should walk the dog but the rain was horrific. Dan and I even went to a movie- for the first time together in over 18 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that would have made it better would have been lots of dessert available.

    ReplyDelete