Monday, November 28, 2011

DON'T DO IT YOURSELF!

'Don't Do It Yourself' has become our household mantra.  I mean, seriously, why would anyone want to do a renovation yourself when you could have these guys working in your house all day?

Three of my favourite guys....Marcel, Dave and Derek.

Joe has become so comfortable with his house full of tradesmen that he now walks around in his underwear!

Oh for Pete's sake, Joe!  Put on some pants!


We are still washing the dishes in the bathroom sink.

I'll just wash a few of these dishes while I'm waiting for Joe to get ready.


We went to 'The Lighting Warehouse' in Richmond this past weekend to buy a couple of light fixtures.  Have you ever been?  There is so much to look at I had instant Attention Deficit Disorder the minute I walked in their door!  

Ever the discerning shoppers, we were able to separate the wheat from the chaff and picked out two beautiful fixtures; one for the dining room and the other for our entrance way.

Light fixtures abound at the Lighting Warehouse.

With the living room furniture pushed together and covered with drop sheets, we are now fully encamped in the basement.  The kitchen table, the coffee grinder, the espresso maker, the kettle, the toaster, paper plates, paper towel, plastic cutlery, two hot plates and us reside downstairs.  (The microwave oven sits on the dryer in the laundry room.)  We eat here, we have happy hour here, we watch TV here, we drink our morning coffee and read the newspaper here.  It's actually quite cozy with the wood stove blazing away.

Our home away from home.


The dry wallers are arriving today.  Stay tuned....more pictures to follow.


5 comments:

  1. If only you had friends who would invite you for dinner! It is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that you are all dressed up doing the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Colleen! I'm ALWAYS dressed up when I do the dishes!

    Actually, we were about to head out somewhere and Joe wasn't quite ready. So I thought why not do a few dishes while I waited?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty sexy lookin picture of Joe with Marcel!!!!!!!!!!
    OO mama! Shu

    ReplyDelete