Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soul Food

Sugar Hill beer.  Brewed in Harlem.  
The only beer in New York State brewed by a woman.

Last night Joe and I went to "Miss Maud's Spoonbread Cafe" in Harlem for some soul food.  It sure filled the bill.  The restaurant was warm and inviting.  Everyone was sweet and friendly.  Just what us tired travellers needed.

 I had fried chicken and waffles.  (This one's for you, Molly.)

Joe had 'The Sampler'.  Catfish, fried chicken, ribs, collard greens, cornbread stuffing and candied yams.


We shared a slice of Red Velvet Cake for dessert.

Halfway through eating the cake Joe asked me, "Are you full?"
My reply?  "I am BEYOND FULL!"

I love soul food.  Thank you Harlem.

3 comments:

  1. those chicken n waffles look divine. i am definitely jealous of your harlem meals!

    love
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason has always wanted Waffles and fried chicken, he is jealous.
    I love the name of the restaurant- who wouldn't want to eat there?
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! that is soul food at it's finest!

    ReplyDelete