Saturday, February 14, 2015

Friends. I Have Some Good Ones.

Happy Valentines Day everybody!

I often write on these pages about my beloved family, but today I am going to share about my friends.  I am lucky to have some good ones.  I have good friends from Grade One, way back to 1964.  I have good friends who live far, far away.  I have good friends who are always at the end of a telephone line.  I have good friends where I work.  I have good friends where I live.

Like I said, I am one lucky woman to have so many good friends.


"It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter."
Marlene Dietrich


“Time doesn't take away from friendship, nor does separation.”
Tennessee Williams, Memoirs


"How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. 
How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. 
How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ‘em. 
How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ‘em."
Shel Silverstein


"The language of friendship is not words but meanings."
Henry David Thoreau



"There is nothing worth the wear of winning, but laughter and the love of friends."
Euripides.



"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
Plautus


"No friendship is an accident."
O. Henry, Heart of the West


"Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with."
Robert Brault


“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. 
I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey


“Close friends are truly life's treasures.  Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves.  With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears.  Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.”
Vincent van Gogh


"Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends."
Virginia Woolf


Have a wonderful Valentines Day with your loved ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment