Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Sampler

Joe is closing in on his fourth hour of watching the Curling World Championships.  Canada and Sweden are duking it out for first place.  I absolutely glaze over when this is on TV, so I thought I'd post a few photos of my weekend instead.

Here goes....

Goodness Jar Update:  I am 4 months into this project and I haven't missed a day yet.  There is a lot of good in this world, folks.  I'm often surprised with how many things I write down on any given day.

 On Friday, Joe and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary.  He was working from home so I said, "Hey, I'll come home for lunch.  Whaddaya wanna make me?"  I came home to wieners and french fries.


We ordered in sushi from Kozo for our anniversary dinner.  Not a wiener in sight.
  
The Japanese have a wonderful expression for spending time in the woods:  Shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing.  Do you not love that expression?  From now on instead of using the word 'hiking', I am now going to say I am off to bathe in the forest.  I did a lot of forest bathing this weekend.

This is who I am missing this weekend.  The sweetest ball of fluff that ever walked the earth.  Spirit died two summers ago but I think about him ALL THE TIME!  I could weep just looking at this picture of him.

One of the highlights of my weekend was going to see my friend Janice (far right) perform in a local production of 'Calendar Girls'.  She is brave and a risk-taker.  Janice is an inspiration.  We should all be so brave and willing to take such risks. 


How was your weekend?  I hope it was relaxing and full of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment