Sunday, February 10, 2013

CHA CHA CHA!



Friends of ours are dancers.  Real dancers.  Professional ballroom dancers.

They graciously invited us to join them in a night of dance lessons.

We gathered in their home for a sumptuous dinner, followed by a three hour dance lesson.  Not only that, Janice was dancing with a broken rib.  Talk about a trooper!


We started out learning the box step.  "Side together forward, side together back".  Pretty simple, right?  NOT FOR ME!  I had to watch my partner's feet for the first hour or so.  I felt like I was about 10 years old.  Then we had to close our eyes while we danced so that we could feel it, instead of think about it.



Men danced with men, women with women.  We danced with our spouses.  We danced with each other's spouses.






It goes without saying that we had a lot of fun.  Many laughs.  Many squashed toes.  (Sorry Joe.)


Thank you Janice and Kevin for opening your home to us and being so patient.  I promise we'll keep practising.  I can hardly wait for the next lesson!

Until next time, "Side together forward, side together back."



No comments:

Post a Comment